“drawing the interface with windows XP-era APIs”
gitter Fri, Mar 10, 2017
Ledigimate (Gert van Tonder) wants to compile on Windows 10 and sent a GitHub Gist with his error log
peter-b (Peter TB Brett):
“On our build server it takes 15-20 minutes to build the whole solution for Windows.”
“We build on Windows multiple times a day”
Ending a week later in
Gert van Tonder: “@peter-b Never mind; I’ve cancelled my stupid undertaking.”
gitter Tue, Feb 14, 2017
peter-b (Peter TB Brett) reports seeking help on the internet showing how LC’s build service was configured:
“Why is my Windows BuildBot service failing immediately with error 7000?”
gitter Sat, Nov 3, 2018
trevordevore (Trevor DeVore)
“I’m trying to build the engine on Windows.”
Long conversation following with success and a link to his blog post on this:
bwmilby (Brian Milby) checks the recipe - more conversation
1 Like
Is Trevor’s posted process still correct? Don’t want to install stuff that we no longer use/need (Python version caught my eye). The win build doc hasn’t been updated/changed.
Sorry, I must say I cannot say.
In the “raw compile grok” posts I just tried to collect information on what had been done in the past years to help kickstart the HXT initiative (aka Emily should be able to concentrate on the actual work and not on poking and weeding ancient sources).
If you want the full gitter posting history, I have it as a file. It is not big. I also mailed it to Emily when she started. From Trevor’s postings you might get more details than from his blog post.
Given your standing, I also would encourage you to mail him directly now, tell him were things stand, and ask if there is any updates that he can think of. If there is none, no harm done. He might not be aware what is going on with forks. Say hello, he is missed a lot in these communities (not in the Edinburgh one perhaps, don’t know).
I’ll touch base with Emily since she would know what she had to do/install to build for Windows. I’m using a VM so it is slow.