Bugs, bugs, bugs - report them

You are right. I apologize. It was the LC dictionary I was referencing it seems. I had both apps open at the time.

No worries here. It is a great suggestion.

Would it be possible to add the following lines to the info.plist file that ships with HyperXtalk?

<key>NSCalendarsFullAccessUsageDescription</key>
	<string>HyperXtalk needs to read your calendar events</string>

I have blown the dust off a LCB library that allows xtalk to read events stored in the users calendar and these lines are required to enable the OS based privacy request to complete. While I can and have added them manually, doing so means that I have to codesign the IDE and I am bound to forget in the future.

I don’t see why not.

You can follow along here add NSCalendarsFullAccessUsageDescription to the info.plist · Issue #363 · emily-elizabeth/HyperXTalk · GitHub

Thanks Emily, I’ll try and learn how to use GitHub for use in the future. Unfortunately it just baffles me at the moment.

Simon

No worries, feel free to post here and I’ll do a GitHub ticket for you :slight_smile:

Yes Simon, don’t be scared. As complex as git things can get for the real geeks who want it, GitHub is very low-entry.

If you follow Emily’s link to “your” issue on GitHub you can always have a look there what the state of affairs is on it (like has it been closed and integrated in the next version, or have other people posted other aspects, or whatever). It’s much like the LiveCode bug tracker.

Only if you want to join the discussion on issues there you need a GitHub account which is really not rocket science. I bet you have a few hundred accounts everywhere like everybody, so it is just one more and really worth it. No obligation to use other features of GitHub or git.

But if you explore a bit there and become more confident you will see that it is a great tool and has its logic (which is why so many projects are hosted there). Still no need to host your own code there or be an expert.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. I had the backdrop on and I had the backdrop off. HyperXTalk 0.9.15 and macOS 26.5.2 Are you still seeing the issue? Any further information you can provide?

Emily,

No I haven’t had any issues with it lately. Possibly the update to 26.5.2 fixed the issue.

Okay, glad you’re not seeing the issue anymore.